Monday newsletter published by Data Science Central. Previous editions can be found here. The contribution flagged with a + is our selection for the picture of the week. To subscribe, follow this link.
- Amid the economic slowdown, businesses seek to reduce IT budgets while keeping demand but find their legacy on-prem data applications hard to manage on a tight budget. Join Provectus and AWS as we take you through the advantages of Amazon EMR for your Hadoop/Spark workloads and learn how companies like yours optimize cost and achieve greater business efficiency. Register here.
- Study Data Analytics at Boston University’s Metropolitan College (MET) and benefit from a graduate education at a world-leading research institution. Offering flexible, part-time formats and a student-to-instructor ratio of 15:1, MET’s top-ranked online programs will help you become job-ready and prepared to meet the evolving needs of business. To learn more about Data Analytics at MET, visit bu.edu/met/analytics.
Featured Resources and Technical Contributions
- Misleading Graphs: Avoid These Common Mistakes +
- A Free Self-paced Learning path for ML and Deep Learning
- A Fundamental Theorem for Epidemiology
- New Probabilistic Approach to Factoring Big Numbers
- Data Stewardship in an AI-Driven Ecosystem – Introducing WhiteNoise
- Differential ML on TensorFlow and Colab
- Search Among 1 Billion Image Vectors with Vector Search
- A Data Scientist’s Perspective on Microsoft R
- Comparing Regression Lines with Hypothesis Tests
- Simulated Statistics is the New Black
- Do You Need an AI Product Manager?
- Creating a Data Strategy that Delivers Value
- The Problem with Data Science Interviews
- The Influence of AI and ML on Online Education
- Don’t Acquire a Company Until You Evaluate its Data Quality
- Analytics Translators: Fact or Fiction?
- Impact and challenges of IT industry in the fight against COVID-19
- Data Analytics and AI: Driving the Organization of Today
- Competitor Monitoring for Price Strategy and Product Planning
- Staying Block-Free While Scraping Large E-commerce Sites
- Machine Learning for Frontend Development – The Road to Future
Picture of the Week
Source: article flagged with a +
From our Sponsors
- Cost optimization for Hadoop workloads with Amazon EMR
- Building the Perfect Data Science Workstation – Whitepaper
- Optimization and The NFL’s Toughest Scheduling Problem – June 23
- How to Accelerate and Scale Your Data Science Workflows – June 11
- Your Model Will Probably Fail (And How to Prevent it) – July 9
- How to drive change with data
- Find Your Algorithm for Success with Drexel’s Online MS in Data Science
- QlikWorld Online: 2 days of unlimited learning
New Books and Resources for DSC Members – [See Full List]
- Getting Started with TensorFlow 2.0
- Online Encyclopedia of Statistical Science
- Statistics — New Foundations, Toolbox, and Machine Learning Recipes
- Classification and Regression In a Weekend
- Applied Stochastic Processes
- Enterprise AI – An Applications Perspective
To make sure you keep getting these emails, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or whitelist us. To subscribe, click here. Follow us: Twitter | Facebook.