Artificial intelligence (AI) is no more a science-fiction or movie stuff; it is already here and had become a critical part of our everyday life. From interacting with our phones to commanding Alexa, Siri or Google, cars by Tesla to Amazon who monitors our browsing habits and displays products it thinks we’d like to buy; to Google who decides what results to give us based on our search activity, AI is everywhere.
AI is a branch in computer science that aims to create intelligent machines that work and react like humans, learn from experience, adjust to new inputs, etc. AI-based products and services are designed with certain traits like knowledge, reasoning, problem-solving, perception, learning, planning, ability to manipulate and move objects, etc.
AI in every sector like finance, search marketing, healthcare, etc., it is understandable, but guess what, AI is rapidly growing and is changing the way we even capture moments, yes, i.e., photography. The mix of AI in our smartphones is not just improving the quality of the picture but is also helping people edit and process images. Through mechanisms like machine learning, color enhancement, and other digital solutions, AI is subtly enhancing the quality of our photos without even our knowledge.
Digital photo printing along with AI has made things so much faster and easier, that today printing large-format canvases from smaller photos without damaging the clarity of the image seems like a trivial task. It is all because of the AI-powered capacities of modern cameras that any photo can be reformed, restored, colored or shaded in black and white, in short, can be played around and printed as one desires.
There’s more; AI has also started making colors more vivid and automatically correcting any imperfections, in a way, is expanding the photography’s reach. Now, that was all about AI’s role in photography; now, let’s understand how it is transforming the photo product print industry.
Embedding AI into the print industry can tap open lucrative new revenue streams for print business because it improves the effectiveness of the end-to-end printing process, from print job creation through to continuous production and machine service optimizations.
AI integrated printers have automated tasks that were previously bottlenecks in the printing process. Passing on the complicated tasks to machines means minimal errors, time and cost savings, speedy process, etc.
- Advanced AI-based algorithms in printers, figure out different document layouts, such as optimizing imposition, in order to minimize printed waste on their own.
- Maintaining papers, documents, files, and tasks like data entry, information validation, QA, data migration, people do carry out such petty and old tasks even today. Running a business with such outdated operations means slower growth in this fast-paced world. Its high time to automate such processes. The algorithms of AI can easily collect complex data and then educate the workforce to take precautions against future mishaps. Hence handling manual jobs like printing, order processing, invoice creation, quality check (especially 3D designs), etc. with AI becomes easy and efficient as well.
- The need for print can arise anytime and with advanced technology like AI, if mobile printing is not available, then it is of no use. People today want everything to operate from their mobile. AI-driven printers enable mobile users to print directly from their devices without any hurdles with simple configurations.
- Customization is like a weakness for customers. They never miss a chance to personalize things. With product customization, AI has made it easier for anyone to tweak a photo as one wants before getting it printed. A simple online product designer tool is enough to manage multiple production units through connected printers; which significantly can reduce human involvement and increase print shop efficiency.
- One of the best features of AI is real-time alerts, which means that you can identify the problem before it occurs. AI can activate a protocol for a rapid, effective response to avoid breaches in the printing system. AI also provides network-level behavior analytics and real-time anomaly detection, which gives complete protection from cyber threats.
- AI is also excellent for job submission. They monitor which presses are busy and route new jobs to available presses without bothering you for it.
- AI embedded printers self-monitor themselves due to the sensors and make real-time in-process adjustments for things like paper alignment and image quality. This automation provides the best possible printing outcomes without human intervention.
The complex jobs of the printing industry are becoming smooth and efficient slowly with the arrival of AI. With intelligent photo album design software, print shops can leverage maximum benefit, which earlier was like a non-achievable dream.
So, are you ready to adopt AI for your print business? Want to give your customers the taste of digital wave with photobook design tool?