May 10, 2021
7:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
1:00 PM – 6:00 PM CEST
4:30 PM – 9:30 PM IST
As the growth of container deployment and microservices accelerates, Kubernetes continues to dominate the enterprise development space. Do you feel like you’re getting left behind and you need to build your skills to catch up? Or are you a leader of the pack, forging new paths for your team? In either case, we have the coding challenge for you. The Build Smart on Kubernetes Challenge helps you build and test applications, and deploy containers with simplicity and security that is built in. Compete against fellow developers and experts in this progressive workshop that consists of three, quick-coding, 15-minute exercises, each exploring a different aspect of the skills or technology needed for cloud-native development. You have the opportunity to earn the Build Smart on Kubernetes Badge to demonstrate your knowledge. Oh, and you can win some great prizes.
- Lab 1: Introduction and core skills-building for participants who are new to Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Lab 2: Develop and test cloud-native apps on Red Hat OpenShift with Open Liberty
- Lab 3: AI integration — Deploy and explore machine learning microservices on Red Hat OpenShift
The IBM 2021 Build Smart on Kubernetes Challenge (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Germany, and India, who are 18 years of age or older, and who are not ineligible or otherwise under a conflicting contractual or legal restriction to enter.
- 20 percent: Completion of lab (requires copy and paste of unique result at the end of each lab)
- 40 percent: Total time taken for each lab, and time taken overall
- 40 percent: Demonstrated understanding of material (requires answering several questions that are related to each lab)
Earn the Build Smart on Kubernetes Badge. You might also take home one of six branded Squier by Fender Bullet Stratocaster Beginner Hard Tail electric guitars!
Drop in at any point during the five-hour challenge by searching for Think Session 2130. Good luck, get coding, and see you there. Be sure to also check out the rest of Code @ Think for more opportunities to explore the latest tech.