IIT Hyderabad has invited applications from interested candidates for an interdisciplinary for PhD program in artificial intelligence, machine learning and information theory. The program, which is being coordinated by the Center for Interdisciplinary Programs (CIP), aims at helping students explore the interface of various science and engineering disciplines.
Each candidate can choose a maximum of two research projects, and online applications will have to be submitted before 30 April 2021. Apart from artificial intelligence, machine learning and information theory, there are various other research projects such as energy, environment and creative design, novel materials and techniques, and healthcare.
opics of Research Available Under IIT Hyderabad PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Information Theory
Students may choose from the following topics under the PhD program in artificial intelligence, machine learning and information theory:
- Design and analysis of composite materials and structures using machine learning algorithms.
- Creative artificial intelligence: Indian Art based datasets to generate novel forms of creation using Artificial Intelligence in both 2D and 3D.
- Application of machine learning in photonic system for the next generation of smart lasers.
- Parametric generative design automation for building design optimization.
- Solving practical problems in image analysis using interpretable deep learning methods.
- Applying machine learning algorithms to solve faint astronomical object classification problem.
- Algebraic methods for network coding.
Qualifications Required to Apply for PhD Program in IIT Hyderabad
Candidates with the following qualifications may apply:
- Masters such as MA, ME, MTech or equivalent in any discipline.
- BE, BTech or equivalent in any discipline with a valid GATE score.
- MSc or equivalent in any science discipline with a valid GATE score or qualified in one of the national exams such as INSPIRE, Joint CSIR-UGC NET with JRF, DBT JRF.
How to Apply Online for PhD Program in IIT Hyderabad?
Interested and eligible candidates will have to apply before 30 April 2021, and the details needed for applying are email address, phone number and a recent passport size photograph. There is an online application fee of Rs 300 by general and OBC candidates, and Rs 150 for the rest that needs to be paid. Furthermore, projects with the project numbers have to be entered in the application form along with the candidate’s area of choice. Those who wish to know further details can visit the official website for more information.
Credit: Google News