“UAV” is a broad term. Generally speaking, UAV is usually regarded as a kind of remote control flight equipment used by the military to monitor, or used by the civilian public for entertainment and commercial purposes. Wechsler dictionary defines UAV as “unmanned aircraft or ship guided by remote control or airborne computer”. In essence, the word can refer to any machine that can be controlled without direct contact with humans.
While remotely piloted drones are just a tool — for example, to inspect the roofs of commercial real estate to improve workplace safety — autonomous drones, to some extent, need artificial intelligence to guide their actions.
However, the UAV’s application scale is not large at present.
UAVs are Widely Used and Can Save a lot of Costs.
- Oil companies use drones to monitor the pipeline for damage.
- UAVs can be used to shoot movies, television, and sports events, and there is no alternative at present.
- UAVs can provide food, medicine, and other materials to victims in remote areas.
- Wildlife management officials use drones to count birds, deer, and other animals.
- Police are replacing helicopters with drones to search for and track suspects and criminals.
- Surveyors and engineers use drones to map.
- The transportation department begins to monitor traffic conditions using drones.
- Drones are patrolling our border.
However, commercial UAVs are currently illegal under FAA regulations. In the future, once public and private enterprise entities can legally operate drones, we can expect:
- UAV delivery of packages (via Amazon or US Post)
- Unmanned cargo transport by large UAV
- UAV spray chemical fertilizer and pesticide on crops for commercial farmers
Agriculture and forestry plant protection UAV refers to the unmanned aircraft used for agriculture and forestry plant protection operations. The UAV is composed of a flight platform (fixed-wing, single rotor, multi-rotor), GPS flight control, and spraying mechanism. The wine spraying operation can be realized by ground remote control or GPS flight control, which can spray wine medicine, seeds, powder, etc.
The main functions of industrial UAVs in agricultural plant protection are prevention in advance, solution control in the process, and remedy afterward.
Prevention in advance: forest resources survey, desertification monitoring
Solution control in the process: forest pest monitoring and control, forest fire monitoring, and dynamic management
Remedy afterward: precipitation enhancement
2. How AI Will Power the Next Wave of Healthcare Innovation?
3. Machine Learning by Using Regression Model
4. Top Data Science Platforms in 2021 Other than Kaggle
Data, Algorithms, and Processing are Three indispensable Elements of AI.
Data is the starting point.
It makes sense for AI to start with data and take advantage of learning itself. In scalable data and the high-speed era, it is very convenient to use data to train artificial intelligence.
The original data is generally acquired through data collection, and the subsequent data cleaning and data annotation are equivalent to processing the data, and then transferred to the Artificial intelligence algorithm and model for invocation.
If the data used in artificial intelligence training is not sufficiently diverse and unbiased, problems such as artificial “AI bias” may arise.
2D boxing，Polyline，Polygon, Semantic segmentation，Video annotation
Data Labeling Types in UAV Industry
ByteBridge, a data labeling tooling platform with real-time workflow management, provides training data for the machine learning industry.
- ML-assisted capacity can help reduce human errors by automatically pre-labeling
- The real-time QA and QC are integrated into the labeling workflow as the consensus mechanism is introduced to ensure accuracy
- Consensus — Assign the same task to several workers, and the correct answer is the one that comes back from the majority output
- All work results are completely screened and inspected by the machine and human workforce
In this way, ByteBridge can affirm our data acceptance and accuracy rate is over 98%.
On ByteBridge’s dashboard, developers can define and start the data labeling projects and get the results back instantly. Clients can set labeling rules directly on the dashboard.
Configure Your Own Annotation Project
In addition, clients can iterate data features, attributes, and workflow, scale up or down, make changes based on what they are learning about the model’s performance in each step of test and validation.
For example, you can choose a Polygon and Classification Template on the dashboard:
As a fully managed platform, it enables developers to manage and monitor the overall data labeling process and provides API for data transfer. The platform also allows users to get involved in the QC process.
These labeling tools are already available on the dashboard: Image Classification, 2D Boxing, Polygon, Cuboid.
We can provide personalized annotation tools and services according to customer requirements.
A collaboration of the human-work force and AI algorithms ensure a 50% lower price compared to the conventional market.
“High-quality data is the fuel that keeps the AI engine running smoothly. The more accurate annotation is, the better algorithm performance will be” said Brian Cheong, founder, and CEO of ByteBridge.
If you need data labeling and collection services, please have a look at bytebridge.io, the clear pricing is available.
Please feel free to contact us: email@example.com
1 Labeling Service Case Study — Video Annotation — Vehicle License Plate Recognition
2 Data Annotation Service and Its Key Advantage — Flexibility
3 Eight Common Data Annotation and Labeling Tools
4 What is Semantic Segmentation, Instance Segmentation, Panoramic segmentation?
5 How the Data Annotation Service Empowers Drones(Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) in 2021? — Part2