We are fast approaching the world of smart homes, driverless cars, and connected devices. Experts predict that over 80% of all emerging technologies will use AI in their work, and there is no doubt that intelligent apps will be an integral part of this world too.
In fact, they already are.
Keep reading to dig into smart applications and see some excellent examples of intelligent apps readily available for download.
Intelligent applications use historical and real-time data to make the user experience more relevant, personalized, and adaptive.
1. AI for CFD: Intro (part 1)
2.Using Artificial Intelligence to detect COVID-19
Real vs Fake Tweet Detection using a BERT Transformer Model in few lines of code
Machine Learning System Design
Besides artificial intelligence (AI), smart apps leverage technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, and big data analytics. This makes AI-based applications develop three winning features:
- Ability to learn: Intelligent apps continuously learn from user interaction and improve their performance based on the acquired historical data;
- Ability to predict: Unlike traditional mobile applications, smart ones predict what information or suggestions would be the most relevant to the user and proactively reach out to users, not vice versa;
- Ability to automate: Intelligent apps analyze and make decisions basing on the vast amount of data, thus completing many tasks without waiting for user commands.
The advantages of using AI for mobile app development are difficult to overestimate, as it is capable of changing our everyday practices and reinventing many processes in diverse industries:
- Personal use: M-commerce and media apps equipped with artificial intelligence algorithms can serve us personalized offers. Smart bots and intelligent assistants help us search and order the necessary products, remind of the required actions, and give personalized recommendations in a wast range of spheres starting with sleep and nutrition and finishing with personal finance.
- Enterprise apps: There are a plethora of successful cases of the use of AI-based apps in finance, manufacturing, logistics, media, and other industries. For example, smart enterprise apps help to filter impressive amounts of data and prompt employees on the best choices. In the field of production and transportation, intelligent applications increase the overall effectiveness, safety, and economical energy use by analyzing data from multiple sensors and providing users with timely and relevant information.
AI functionality and mobile app development are definitely a perfect match. First, the features of the devices such as GPS navigation and location tracking, cameras, QR code readers, etc. enhance the features of intelligent apps. Second, omnichannel customer experience and transition to enterprise mobility is a powerful demand of the time. The success of the following examples proves this very well.
Alexa, Siri, Cortana, and Google Assistant
All these personal assistant apps are great AI applications that leverage natural language generation and machine learning to become excellent assistants and companions to its users. They can give updates, answer our inquiries, adjust smart LEDs, schedule meetings, play our favorite music, and even tell jokes.
Netflix has caused much disruption in the media industry and has surely leveraged AI in its mobile app. Thanks to big data analytics, the brand can give accurate, personalized movie recommendations — a feature that millions seeking something to watch deeply appreciate.
Elsa (English Language Speech Assistant) is a renowned teacher of English pronunciation. The app gives accurate feedback on the user’s pronunciation and adapts the training to his unique needs.
The smart app helps students with math and other homework. Users may ask or simply take a photo of the complex concept, and AI-powered assistant will provide a visual explanation. Over 5 million downloads suggest Socratic is good at his explanations.
The AI-based app is often called a doctor in your pocket: it carefully listens to users’ symptoms, asks clarifying questions, and helps to navigate to the most suitable care analyzing the responses against a rich data of similar cases.
The Seeing AI is a talking camera app developed by Microsoft for the visually-impaired people. The computed vision is so powerful, it can help users identify currencies, handwriting, colors, images in other apps, and even the age and emotions of people speaking to the user.
Microsoft Pix Camera
The camera app uses AI to help users retain the best memories of their unique moments. Namely, every shutter click makes the camera capture 10 frames, and AI, in just a second, selects up to three of the best ones to store.
Undoubtedly, intelligent apps multiply the effectiveness, but they are also giving the mobile apps a human touch: yes, you may realize that all the responses are generated by the algorithms, but it still feels great when someone listens to you and cares. Now, when a new technology like ARKit facilitates the development of AI apps, the mobile-first rule has all the chances to grow into the AI-first one.