I can say that the biggest and best changes in my professional life came from starting this blog — it was the springboard for conference speaking, open source, and joining Mozilla. I’ve always urged ever developer to have a blog to showcase talent, explore new technology, and to network. What’s the first step in getting started? Buying a domain name!
When I created this blog, the number of TLDs was small, so I opted for a .NAME domain. Luckily the TLD listing is much larger now and there’s a special domain for us web nerds: .DEV. Want a great place to get that .DEV domain? Go to Hover!
- Hover offers 300+ TLDs, many geared towards devs and people in tech (.tech, .dev, .technology, .app, etc.)
- Hover sticks to what they do best — domains
- Discount pricing on bulk domains
- Free Whois privacy will all eligible domain names
- The best domain name for a developer to put their personal website on? The .DEV domain name!
One thing I appreciate about Hover is that they stick to what they do best: domains. My experience with companies like GoDaddy is that they try to provide a million services and none of them stand out, and oftentimes you can get those services from a specialist at a better quality and rate.
I wish .DEV was available when I was creating my blog — it provides an instant feel of intent and confidence in the site. Now is also a great time to get a .DEV domain — it only debuted this February, so domains you’d seek are likely available!
We finally have a TLD for us — .DEV! If you’re ready to find an awesome .DEV domain, check out Hover; they do domains and they do them well!