Full Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack: Which one will be the best for app development
Here viewing Full-Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack: Which one will be the best for app development blog you will be able to know about three-stack technologies.
Each day the mobile and web app market is growing, and along with that, competition among the app is also increasing; due to this reason, now businesses only focus on building a leading application instead of creating a normal app.
There are stacks of technologies that can be used for web and mobile app development. But there is always a buzz about picking the best Stack for custom app development.
Before choosing the best stack technology (Full-Stack vs MEAN vs MERN), it is crucial to understand what Stack is, as knowing this, you will be only able to pick the best Stack for your running or upcoming project.
In simple words, know what a Technology stack is?
We can say that the stack technology is a combination of suitable programming languages, UI/UX solutions software, frameworks, patterns, libraries, servers, and tools.
Development stacks are usually of two types that are application stack and technology stack. These stacks are used to build web and mobile applications.
Before choosing the right tech stack among MEAN vs MERN vs Full Stack, I will recommend you to consider few pointers stated below; this will help you pick the right tech stack for your project:
- Know your project requirements
- Introduce agility
- Go beyond project requirement for better audience
- The final development cost
Let’s begin the Full Stack vs MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack war and know which one will be the best web development stacks…
Image Source: QAWithExperts
The Full-Stack refers to the collection of technologies required to create an entire project. The Full-Stack involves all the work related to databases, servers, systems engineering, and more.
Some key competencies of Full Stack development are given below:
- Backend: Python, NodeJS, PHP, GO, ExpressJS, Caching, Django, Middleware, etc.
- Database: MySQL, Postgres, SQLite, MongoDB, Clusters, etc
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android
- DevOps: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) formulation, CI/CD pipelines.
If you are running a startup or SME business, then for you, Full Stack development will be the appropriate choice.
Image Source: Radix
- Simple to switch within frontend and backend development relying on the project needs.
- Manage project design, and work on the demanded specification during development.
- Save app development cost so, require to hire Full-Stack developers instead of investing in both hiring frontend and backend developers.
- Simple to update with the advanced tools and technologies.
- Flexibility to switch from one process to another based on project requirement
Full Stack Disadvantages
- You will not be able to catch up with all the latest tendencies, frameworks, libraries, etc.
- It’s really difficult to dig deeper into something for resolving issues
- Higher chances of being overloaded with various tasks
Image Source: Guru99
-GitHub stars: 12.1K
-GitHuB Forks: 3.6K
-YouTube, Flick, Forbes, Tumblr, Shutterstock, and PayTm are the five popular mobile apps built with MEAN Stack.
The key components of MEAN Stack are:
- MongoDB: Document-based NoSQL database employed for data storage in the structure of JSON files
- Express.js: Back-end web app that works on Node.js
- Angular: Front-end web framework that works JS code in user’s browser
- Node.js: It is a JS runtime environment to execute backend application in JS
Image Source: Octal
- Model View Controller (MVC) architecture support for a seamless development process.
- Maintains repetitive grunt work to make web app development organized.
- Includes the best four technologies, namely; MongoDB, Angular JS, Node.JS, and ExpressJS
- A built-in comprehensive testing tool
MEAN Stack Disadvantages
- It is not suitable for large-scale applications.
- No specific general JS coding guidelines
- Once you have created the first site utilizing MEAN Stack technology, it’s tough to look back to the old approach.
- It proffers poor isolation of servers from business logic.
Image Source: Blogging Coder
MERN Stack is a popular and robust technology to use. It contains various open-source elements such as MongoDB, React, Node.js, and Express.js. These elements further provide end-to-end framework support to developers. To make efficient use of this Stack in MERN stack web development, you can hire MERN stack developers working for the top-rated MERN stack development organization. This will help you make full and adequate use of MERN technology.
-Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, DropBox, and NetFlix are the five most famous mobile apps built with MERN Stack.
The key components of MERN Stack are:
- MongoDB: It is an open-source document-based database
- React: It is a frontend JS library utilized to build user interfaces.
- Express.js: It is a high-speed and minimalist web framework utilized for Node.js
MERN Stack Benefits
- Covers comprehensive web development cycle (frontend to backend development with JS)
- Reducing server costs
- Supports MVC architecture for a sleek development process
- Includes best technologies, namely; MongoDB, React, Node.js and Express.js.
- The ease of reversing web apps to a mobile app or software
1. Why Corporate AI projects fail?
2. How AI Will Power the Next Wave of Healthcare Innovation?
3. Machine Learning by Using Regression Model
4. Top Data Science Platforms in 2021 Other than Kaggle
- You can potentially miss records that MongoDB has recognized as “successfully written.”
- Require more coding, and it may slow down the development process.
- Express.js poor separation of the server from the business logic
The table mentioned below will help you know the crucial factors of MERN, MEAN, and Full-Stack. Moreover will help you find the winner of the Full Stack vs MEAN vs MERN war.
Well, creating the app using MEAN, MERN, or Full Stack is not sufficient. As if your MEAN stack project ideas, MERN stack project ideas, or Full Stack project ideas will not be excellent, and are out of trend, then users will not show interest in using them. So, before focusing on choosing the technologies, first focus on picking the trending mobile app ideas for custom mobile app development.
Here I have stated a few trending mobile app ideas; considering any one of these businesses will be able to reach the market and will ultimately help enterprises grow.
Image Source: wgvu
It is one of the trending mobile app ideas as making a government voting app can help user’s put vote, while staying at home and seeing the current scenario it will be safe and best for the users to stay at home and put the vote for their only. Developing voting apps require extra care, like putting more effort into high-standard privacy and reducing tampering of voting, and so on. But I will suggest, if you want a seamless voting app development process, then use Blockchain technology.
Blockchain in digital government apps can help you with data protection, smooth processes, reduced fraud, and better accountability.
Voting apps benefits
- Reduced redundancy
- Hassle-free processes
- Less Management
- Expanded security & safety
- Limited audit burden
- Better data integrity
- Enhanced efficiency & cost reduction
Image Source: Phandroid
This is also a wonderful mobile application idea that can help users save money by knowing the nearby store deals, offers, sales, and more. Well, sometimes we just prefer doing online shopping without knowing the deals running at the nearby stores and this results in wasting the money.
This is a unique mobile app development idea that can help startups and SMEs in growing. To make this sort of mobile app more extraordinary, try integrating various features & functionalities such as:
- Shop Category wise offer listing
- Current running and expire list
Image Source: Android Authority
It is one of the best mobile app ideas for the healthcare sector. Fitness tracking apps can help users monitor how many calories he/she consumed and burned in a day. By utilizing this app, users can do yoga, exercise, meditation by seeing videos added to the application.
- Include EHR systems within the mobile app to trace all the important health details of the patients
- Include a timer for recording the exercise time
Image Source: Tristate Technology
This mobile app idea can help you track order, order transition, and validation. These mobile app ideas can work well with Blockchain technology, which means if Transportation & Logistics Apps will be created using Blockchain, it offers robust output.
Transportation and logistics app benefits
- Easy coordination of documents
- Reduced transportation cost
- Simple approval & clearance
- Secured, validate, and updated data
If I talk about Full Stack vs MEAN vs MERN Stack war winner, then I want to tell you that all three Stack technologies are excellent on their way. To pick the best and suitable Stack for mobile and web app development, you should focus on various factors like project requirements, features, functionalities, and more.
Moreover, to make adequate and valuable use of the three Stacks, you can hire Full-Stack developers, hire MERN stack developers, and hire MEAN stack developers. This will help your company form outstanding applications meeting the business requirements and demands.