From the Editor’s Desk
The election has come and gone, votes have been counted, and the US has a new president-elect in Joe Biden. The results didn’t differ that significantly from the polls – but one thing that you as data science professionals should be thinking about is that, increasingly, data science and data modeling have become key parts of the electoral process and that the statistical nature of those processes, of distributions and deep modeling based upon complex and frequently incomplete data may at times be at odds with the perceptions that people have of these results.
The results of data science and deep learning have real-world implications, and anyone working in this realm should take some time to contemplate about how their work impacts the average person.
Anyway, enjoy, and as always, we are always looking for articles from you, our community, about the nature of data science, artificial intelligence, and the future of work.
- MS in Data Science—Gain Skills Employers Need
- Do data better with the 100% online University of Wisconsin Master of Science in Data Science. Leverage your new data science skills to advance work in your current role or position yourself for new job opportunities. Apply now and start on January 26, 2021.
- Stop managing financial spreadsheets & start delivering value.
Gain insights into your financial transaction data by automating reporting in this webinar on November 12, 2020.
- Learn more.
DSC Featured Articles
- AI and Employee experience| How does it positively go together?
- How do I select SVM kernels?
- Multi-stage heterogeneous ensemble meta-learning with hands-off demo
- Recent Java enhancements for numeric calculations
- A taxonomy of explainable (XAI) AI models
- Solving a few AI problems with Python: Part 1+
- Mistakes that most of the analysts do in their analytics
- Baidu Apollo Releases Massive Self-driving Dataset
- Career Scope in Machine Learning in 2021
- Fueling Digital Transformation with Service Design
Articles From Tech Target
- Why ethical use of data is so important to enterprises
- Machine learning and predictive analytics work better together
- Bayesian networks applications are fueling enterprise support
- How AI can be used in agriculture: Applications and benefits
- Create a customer experience strategy before tech investment
- Edge computing strategies will determine the next cloud frontier
Picture of the Week
Source: article flagged with a +