From the Editor’s Desk
One of the biggest impacts the pandemic has had is the complete turmoil that it has left of the educational system in most countries. Extended lockdowns and the need for social distancing have played havoc with the traditional mode of gathering students together into classrooms led by teachers working from blackboards. What has replaced it has been virtual classrooms – teachers reaching out to students at their homes, instructional materials morphed into web portals, interactive demos, zoom meetings, and tracking of progress through cloud-based data stores.
We here at Data Science Central and the broader Tech Target family see education as a big part of our mandate – teaching people to become proficient with the tools of data science, analytics, and machine learning, coordinating our activities and offerings with our many educational partners, and providing the resources that will help you as student, professional, educator, or manager in this fast moving sector.
Do you have tools or sites that you recommend, do you have funny or frustrating stories to tell, do you have ideas about education in the pandemic era that the DSC community should know? I’d be interested in hearing other people’s experiences with how the Covid-19 pandemic has changed your approach to learning and/or teaching, and how data science and AI plays a part in that.
Anyway, enjoy, and as always, we are always looking for articles from you, our community, about the nature of data science, artificial intelligence, and the future of work.
DSC Featured Articles
- How Taxonomies Differ From Ontologies +
- IoT and its Impact on Education Sector
- How to Learn DevOps to Boost Your Career in 2021
- When Is a Machine Learning Model Good Enough for Production …
- What Role Does IoT Play in the Healthcare Industry?
- From Data Collection to Text Interpretation.
- IT Project Manager – Key To Software Development Success?
- Predicting Heart Disease using Machine Learning? Don’t!+
- How do you know what independent variables to include in a regressi…
Articles From Tech Target
- Why AI adoption in the enterprise continues to lag
- To prep for COVID-19 vaccine distribution, CIOs turn to data
- Why AI literacy is critical, even for non-technical employees
- 6 ways AI can improve the talent acquisition process
- COVID-19 research generates big data, invaluable info
Picture of the Week
Source: article flagged with a +