It’s been quite a while since I’ve gotten a few things off of my chest and since I’m always full of peeves and annoyances I thought it was time to unleash:
- Firefox’s DevTools are outstanding right now. From the improvements we’ve made to the debugger, to responsive design mode, inactive CSS, and more, I haven’t needed Chrome for development in years. That said…
- …I’ve been using Brave as my non-development browser over the past month and … I really enjoy the Brave browser. I appreciate the forward thinking in micropayments and ad blocking, as well as Brave Rewards to choose to see ads to earn $BAT, private TOR tabs, and more. Well done Brendan Eich and crew!
- In an ideal world I’d love to get rid of traditional ad networks on this. The problem remains that they’re the most effective in as far as revenue by far. I’ve tried micropayments and providing crypto wallet addresses for people to donate but the nature of the web, and users expecting things for free, doesn’t allow it.
- Weather.com brings tears to my eyes. I’ve tried desperately to make this blog fast but it’s as though Weather.com takes more time and processing that mining a bitcoin. I mean seriously….
- I have an interview with a web developer of a prominent adult site coming soon. We talk tech, the atmosphere, and everything in between. Stay tuned — you’ll surely find it interesting!
- AirPods are worth every penny. I tried buying knockoffs but they were all a horror show: wouldn’t pair, would change IDs, couldn’t hold a charge. AirPods just work and I’m willing to pay for easy…
- …unlike MacBook Pros. The 2017 MacBook Pro model’s keyboard is a joke. Someone please steal me from the Apple Ecosystem.
- Performance profiles are really hard to read. I just want to run a routine multiple times and immediately be told what the major differences are. Instead it sometimes feel like a guessing game. Imagine a tool that identifies a slow snippet of code and suggests a better loop or pattern…gold.
- When Mozilla finally gets smart and sends me packing, I think I’d want to work on a streaming content site. These services fascinate me and most have awesome user experiences — it would be fun to be part of that. Or maybe a financial firm — I’d learn loads about security and asset management.
Any strong feelings about my comments? Have anything you’d like to confess? Please share!
Responsive and Infinitely Scalable JS Animations
Back in late 2012 it was not easy to find open source projects using
CSS Vertical Center with Flexbox
I’m 31 years old and feel like I’ve been in the web development game for centuries. We knew forever that layouts in CSS were a nightmare and we all considered flexbox our savior. Whether it turns out that way remains to be seen but flexbox does easily…
MooTools, mediaboxAdvanced, and Mexico
The lightbox is probably one of my favorite parts of the Web 2.0 revolution. No more having to open new windows (which can bog down your computer quite a bit) to see a larger image, video, etc. Instead, the item loads right into the…