Outline of the Data Analysis:
- How does the total price of Airbnb vary over the first and second semesters of 2016?
- How does the total price of Airbnb vary for each day of the week for the first and second semesters of 2016?
- How does the mean price by the client is distributed over the first and second semesters of 2016?
1. Top 5 Open-Source Machine Learning Recommender System Projects With Resources
2. Deep Learning in Self-Driving Cars
3. Generalization Technique for ML models
4. Why You Should Ditch Your In-House Training Data Tools (And Avoid Building Your Own)
Below, it will be shown the answers to these questions along with insighful graphs.
In the plot below it can be seen the total amount spent by all clients for the first (left) and second semesters (right).
In the first semester, it can be clearly be seen a trend of quadratic increase of the price with time, while for the second semester it is rather constant, in spite of a slight increase in December.
Below is shown the plot of the total Price for each day of the week for the first and second semesters.
It can be clearly seen that in the first semester the prices are evenly distributed over the days of the week, whereas for the second semester there is a significant increase for Monday and Tuesday.
In the plots below, we can see histograms of the mean amount spent by a client. The distributions are clearly right-skewed, being rather similar in their shapes.
The mean, minimum and maximum values, as well as the standard deviation are given for each semester shown in the notebook. Essentially, during the second semester, there are larger mean and maximum values, but also accompanied but also by a broader standard deviation.